1. Daisies are my favorite flower. I even want some tattooed on me.
2. I will probably never get a tattoo because of my commitment issues.
3. Non-organic produce scares me. Like really worries me.
4. Peet’s is my favorite chain coffee place. I go there twice per day and they know me by name. My favorite non-chains are Milk&Honey in Costa Mesa, The Naked Lounge in Chico, Urth Cafe in LA and Stumptown Coffee in Portland (which is a mini-chain). Surprisingly, I never found a non-chain that I loved in San Francisco.
5. I’m going to quit drinking Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi one day. I swear.
6. I’m never giving up caffeine unless there is a life threatening reason to. I refuse to even try.
7. I’m kind of in love with Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. Ultimate girl crush.
8. My favorite band is Radiohead. But, I have such a soft spot for really good and thought provoking pop music (Lady Gaga, anyone?)
9. Jeff Buckley’s version of Hallelujah can reduce me to tears. Every single time I hear it.
10. I’m what you would call a bonafide city girl.
11. Somehow, I’m stuck living in the suburbs.
12. Despite my love for urban sprawl, camping is one of my favorite activities.
13. I love to garden too!
14. My dream scenario is a rooftop garden in some lovely city like LA or SF. Someday.
15. My dog is my favorite little guy ever. His name is Dodger.
16. Yes, after the LA Dodgers. Yes, I love baseball.
17. Yes, also after Oliver Twist. Dickens was my favorite author in high school. And my little Dodger is a food thief – much like the Artful Dodger in Oliver Twist.
18. I have a cat too! His name is Scrappy. And I love him to pieces.
19. I’m not a cat person. I just like mine.
20. South Africa is at the top of my travel list. Followed by Bali. And Japan. And India.
21. But, really, I’d go anywhere.
22. But, I hate leaving Dodger and Scrappy. So, traveling has gotten more challenging.
23. I prefer salty to sweet.
24. I love really trashy reality shows and I’m only slightly embarrassed to admit that. Anything on Bravo, I’ll happily watch.
25. I miss having cable.
26. But, I love the time that not having cable allows.
27. I’d like my career to be freelance lifestyle writing.
28. I paint.
29. This American Life on NPR makes me laugh and cry – sometimes at the same time. I listen to it every Monday.
30. I’m a really messy and unorganized person.
31. But, I like when things are neat and tidy. I just can’t keep them that way.
32. My dad is the greatest guy in the entire universe.
33. I think everybody should listen to Elliott Smith and Andrew Bird.
35. I want to learn to play the acoustic guitar.
36. And I want to learn how to surf.
37. I’m terrified of balloons.
38. I’m an unapologetic liberal feminist.
39. I don’t think I could ever date a Republican.
40. I want to run a full marathon. I’m currently training for a half marathon.
41. Sometimes, I think I chose the wrong major in college.
42. I never want to go to grad school.
43. I’m faulted for being too sensitive.
44. I love musicals. And sometimes (ok, all the time) wish people would break into song and dance around me.
45. I don’t read nearly as much as I should or as much I used to. I have about 40 unread books sitting in my apartment.
46. But, I keep buying new books to read.
47. I’m starting appreciate Southern California more and more.
48. I work less than a mile from the ocean. I run on the beach during lunch. That’s pretty rad.
49. My favorite color is yellow.
50. I’ve always wanted to be the type of person that practices yoga, without actually practicing yoga (I’ve never been able to get that into it – but I still try).